Saturday, April 2, 2011

4/2: Shopping

I hate shopping. So much. But prom* is coming up and I need a dress so I've been doing quite a bit of it lately. I've narrowed it down to 2 dresses and a runner up.

Runner up: It basically looks like Kaylee's dress** in Shindig if you watch Firefly except the ruffles are tulle, there's no hoop, and it's strapless and silky on top. So yeah, sort of like Kaylee's only pretty. I would totally wear it just to quote Firefly the entire night but it has a train that I don't want to deal with and everyone is going to wear pink and besides, I'm not Kaylee and I hate pink.

Dress #1: A royal purple ball gown with a gathered skirt that is tight until my hips so it actually shows my body to some extent. It has rhinestones across the bust, on the left hip, and surrounding the corset back. It makes me feel like a fairytale princess. It also weighs about 30 pounds but so did Belle's probably.

Dress #2: A kelly green ball gown with a huge tulle skirt that swishes when I walk. It has a sheer window in the front so it's still sort of sexy despite the empire waist but I'd have to get cups installed although that would result in me not having to wear a bra. And we all know how I feel about strapless bras.*** This one is super duper unique partly because no one wears ball gowns in the first place because they are unwieldy and difficult to dance in and partly because it is bright green. Also, I don't care that it is unwieldy because I promise I can do all of my favorite dance moves in it. Well, the Nate Pucke**** might be interesting but I'm sure I can make it work.

So anyway, I have no idea which one I like better. And I didn't even get pictures of Dress #2 because my mother does not know how to work my phone. But I'll get some tomorrow, I guess. I'm buying one or the other tomorrow so I guess I'll let blog about it then...

Today is awesome because: My horse is stupid amounts of fun to ride. And stupid amounts of good to me. And I love him a stupid amount. But that is a post for another day.

*Do you want to go with me? I don't really care who you are, I just want a date!

**I would definitely wear it if I could have the Captain on my arm...

***It helps that I'm the only person involved in "we all."

****"Paint your toes...paint your toes..."

No comments:

Post a Comment